Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome Back!

      It is an exciting time at Wayne Thomas!  The first week of school is always one of my favorite times of the year because students are happy to see their friends, nervous to get to know their new teachers, and eager to see what lies ahead.  I am certain that this new school year will be one of growth, excitement, and learning for your child.

     Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about your student's music education or if there are things that you feel I should know.  This blog will continue to be the main communication tool for updates about general music at Wayne Thomas.  I will continue to provide weekly updates containing summaries from each grade level's week in music.  Once the Spring Sing dates are finalized, they will also be posted here.  If you know of people who have not subscribed, please encourage them to do so.

     I look forward to a fantastic year of music-making with your child!

                                                                        Emily Crutchfield

                                                                        Music Specialist

                                                                        ecrutchfield@nssd112.org

 

1 comment:

  1. We are VERY excited about Music ~ as always ~ it is a big part of our lives! Katerina comes from a musically talented family (i.e. her father, uncle and grandmother)! I, on the otherhand, may not be instrumentally talented, however, the love & appreciation of music (all varieties) plays a very significant role for me & our family! Perhaps this year, a particular instrument may picque Katerina's interest enough to pursue lessons??!!!!! We are quite eager to hear what this year's theme will be for the "Spring Sing".
    I still have "micropachycefolosaurus (sp???) resinating in my head!!!!!!
    Here is to another amazing year of Music!!!!

    ReplyDelete