All classes participated in Sharing Days this week during music. Students did a fantastic job performing in front of their peers! We saw dancers, gymnasts, martial artists, comedians, actors, singers, pianists, violinists, cellists, baritone players, and many more. It was a great opportunity for students to share their talents with their classmates in a supportive environment. Many kids were nervous at first, but they ended up being very proud of their performances.
As we prepare for next school year, I wanted to let you know about a special event that will take place in March 2020. Arts in Action is an event that we hold every other year at Wayne Thomas. March is "Youth Art Month" and "Music In Our Schools Month," so we hold this large event as a celebration. We could use your help! If you or anyone you know has a skill in any area of the arts (drama, music, visual arts, or dance), we would love for you to be a part of this event. We are looking for people to lead 40 minute hands-on workshops for our students. Each child will attend three different pre-selected workshops during Arts in Action. Please reach out to me if you have any contacts who may be interested in volunteering their time and talents for this special event.
I hope you and your families have a wonderful summer. I hope to see many WT families at the 112 Education Foundation's Kids Go Classic event at Ravinia on Saturday, 7/27. I will be there with my family. Click the link above for free tickets! I can be reached by email throughout the summer at ecrutchfield@nssd112.org. I look forward to seeing your children back at Wayne Thomas in August!
No comments:
Post a Comment